Hello!!

My photo
I'm 23. I don't quite know yet........

desmond wong

A recent graduate at Goldsmiths University doing something called Design.

This is the blog of design graduate Desmond Wong at Goldsmiths, University of London. This blog showcases the projects Desmond had been working on in the past recent years.

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Project in a Day

Our task today was to produce fresh ideas and imagine that our final year presentation is today at 16:00, pushing us to be decisive and confident in my work. I was torn between using waiting as a social platform and producing goodness unconsciously while waiting. At the end I went with the later and made a bus-stop model which harvest one's feet tapping energy for a light indicator to stop the buses. However, I did not satisfy with my outcome as I felt the outcome was very singular and doesn't provide potential for further interaction. This help me to make a decision to focus on social platform instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The odd jobs

  • Decode @ London Design Week, 2009 (Internship: 1 month)
  • Michael Sodeau Partnership, 2009 (Internship: 2 months)
  • Honduras, 2007 (Voluntary Work: 3 months)
  • United Colors of Benetton, 2006 (Full and Part Time Sales)
  • Wong and OuYang Architect/Civil Structure, Hong Kong, 2005 (Internship: 1 month) .

Things I think I'm good at

  • Communicate and read in Chinese/Mandarin
  • Native Cantonese and fluent English speaker
  • Very sociable
  • basic knowledge of textile related production (Sewing machines and prints)
  • Competent workshop, Adobe Suite and TechSoft user
  • Hardworking, enthusiastic, reliable and well organised